UEBT provides consulting, training and competency services related to ethical sourcing. Customers include affiliated companies, governments, and local communities. Below are some examples of the services provided:
- In the areas of sourcing: verification of supply chain practices against UEBT or customer standards, training of smallholders and pickers, biodiversity assessment, company dialogue and addition copper.
- At the company level: assessing ethical sourcing systems (policies, procedures and practices), developing local monitoring systems to ensure sustainable sourcing, staff training and internal pellet prices.
- Access and Benefit Sharing (ABS): revision of R&D workflow, verification of component risk assessment against local rules and regulations, ABS portfolio review, regulatory updates, advice on ABS license negotiation and training of government staff and officials.
- For governments and policy makers: for example, UEBT contributed to the development and testing of a verification tool for CONABIO, the Mexican National Commission for Biodiversity Knowledge and Use. This tool helps CONABIO to evaluate local community projects based on sustainability criteria.
UEBT provides guidance and technical assistance on ethical biodiversity sourcing through a series of instructional materials. They are designed to provide practical and holistic approaches to ethical biodiversity sourcing to various stakeholders.
“Biodiversity conservation, benefit sharing with local communities and sustainable business are some of Natura’s key differences for consumers. This becomes stronger, and it is more important that our effects be specific! ”
– Renata Puchata, Senior Director of Sustainability, Natura Cosmetics